GENEVA, 21 January - Following its Annual General Meeting in December, the International Emissions Trading Association is pleased to announce the election of two new Council members.
Joining the Council are:
- Elisabeth (Lisa) DeMarco, of DeMarco Allan LLP in Toronto.
Lisa DeMarco is a senior partner at DeMarco Allan LLP (Toronto, Canada) with over two decades of experience in law, regulation, policy and advocacy relating to energy and climate change. Lisa represents several governments and leading energy companies before various regulatory agencies. She regularly attends and advises on United Nations climate negotiations.
- Mary Grady of American Carbon Registry (ACR).
Mary is Deputy Director of ACR (Sacramento, California) and is responsible for its strategic development. Before joining ACR in 2008, she worked for 16 years in the renewable energy industry, most recently as operations leader at Clipper Windpower.
The AGM also confirmed that Rick Saines will continue as Chairman, with Jonathan Grant (PwC) and Christine Faure Fedigan (Engie) to serve as Vice Chairs.
In addition, the following Council members were reappointed for another term:
- Paul Dawson – RWE Supply & Trading
- Christine Fedigan – Engie
- David Hone – Shell
- Abyd Karmali – Bank of America Merrill Lynch
- Ed Ma - Suncor
- Rick Saines – Baker McKenzie
- Jonathan Shopley – Natural Capital Partners