ASIA PACIFIC CARBON FORUM 2016
5-7 September 2016
Jeju Island, Republic of Korea
Cooperative Climate Action in Asia and the Pacific:
Mobilizing Climate Finance and Carbon Pricing
Held in conjunction with:
In Collaboration with:
Jointly organized by:
Welcome to Jeju Island for the 2016 edition of the ASIA PACIFIC CARBON FORUM!
Jointly organized by the Asian Development Bank (ADB), International Emissions Trading Association (IETA), the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC), the Institute for Global Environmental Strategies (IGES), and in collaboration with the Global Green Growth Institute (GGGI), the ASIA PACIFIC CARBON FORUM is Asia-Pacific’s leading annual event for climate finance, carbon markets and low carbon technologies.
The momentum from the success of the Paris Agreement has put fresh wind in the sails of climate policy implementation in a number of jurisdictions. We have entered a new phase after Paris – a phase of preparation and implementation. Markets and market approaches are gaining favor around the world, and you can feel the stakes getting higher. 2016 is a pivotal year in which we can expect progress on key decisions that will shape carbon markets for years to come.
ASIA PACIFIC CARBON FORUM 2016 (APCF) is about the power of progressive business, finance and government coming together from around Asia Pacific and the world to meet the challenge: focused on solutions – inspired to innovate – and driven by business opportunities and partnerships.
This year’s conference program will be delivered through Two Work Streams:
Emissions Markets & Carbon Pricing
Climate Finance & Investment
Some of the Key Themes of this year’s APCF will include, but not limit to:
- Carbon markets for climate change mitigation, with special attention to how co-benefits from climate action can build resilience
- Finance and climate friendly policies that can be deployed at national level to deliver sustainable development, as part of countries NDCs under the Paris Agreement
- Existing and new carbon markets and mechanisms in Asia-Pacific – How to align with the Paris Agreement
- Supporting NDC implementation through market and non-market based approaches: carbon pricing, capacity-building, technology transfer, innovations and new ideas
- Ready or not? Here we come – Accelerating climate action on the ground: Building readiness, and mobilizing resources to support climate action
YOUR KEY LINKS
>> For more information, please contact Lisa Spafford, IETA, firstname.lastname@example.org.
>> To join as an Exhibitor or Partner Sponsor, click here
>> To register as a Delegate, sign up here *
>> Please click here for information sheet
>> Program Overview
* Attendance is free of charge, however online pre-registration is mandatory, due to limited capacity. Registration is only confirmed after receiving written approval from the event organizers.
Be part of it & see you in Jeju Island!