OUR 2022 PRIORITIES
To deliver the Paris Agreement’s climate protection goals, IETA advocates the power of markets to price carbon effectively and deliver net-zero targets. We will -
- Seek to strengthen the credibility and functionality of today's carbon markets
- promote accelerated growth of high-integrity voluntary markets
- expand work on new market-based initiatives, including emissions trading systems (ETS, tax-and-offset programmes and UN FCCC carbon trading mechanisms
- promote linked carbon pricing systems as a valuable means of channeling increased finance to the climate transition
- convene the carbon market to build the professional community and networks that can deliver a net zero future - and herald the benefits of market cooperation in our communications.
Download the summary here.