Given the growing interest of carbon markets across a number of stakeholders, we feel there is a need to create the Hub to explain compliance and voluntary markets and their importance if net zero targets are to be achieved. The Hub will be a virtual concept which consists of five workstreams including a web-based platform with essential information to understand carbon markets. The five workstreams are:
- Foundation content: web-based information at hand for all stakeholders to check their understanding of carbon markets.
- Advocacy: coordinated briefings with policy makers, globally along with supporting materials.
- Media and digital: develop impactful content to promote through op-eds, paid media, and paid social channels. Increase media briefings and arrange visits to projects.
- Research: commission and leverage research that underscore the importance and effectiveness of carbon markets with results and data. Identify key data points from research and infuse into our messaging.
- Education: Develop new and promote existing educational resources to provide factual and robust information about existing, developing and new carbon markets topics.
This effort comes at a time when IETA is approaching has its 25th Anniversary in 2024. We would like to use this milestone to write IETA’s next chapter with the creation of the Hub.
Alessandro Vitelli, Communications Advisor, IETA
- Andrea Abrahams, Managing Director, ICVCM
- Alex Saer, CEO, Cercarbono
- Camilo Trujillo, Technical Analyst, IETA
- Dirk Forrister, President & CEO, IETA
- Mark Downes, Global Director of Communications, IETA
- Sandeep Roy Choudhury, Director, VNV Advisory