IETA LIVE Carbon Markets – EU ETS Deal Explained
We kindly invite you to join us for the 2023 opening of IETA LIVE Carbon Markets on Thursday 12 January 2023 from 10:00 to 11:30 CET.
We will discuss the agreement on the EU ETS Review, reached by co-legislators at the end of 2022, following months of intensive negotiations.
The sweeping legislation covers a laundry list of policy elements designed to strengthen and expand the EU carbon market and reinforce the EU’s commitment to reach its climate neutrality by 2050. Furthermore, key negotiators from the European Commission and the European Parliament will present the final shape of the text. Greenfact’s carbon analysis team will take stock of the agreement looking at the changes to the EU ETS ambition, MSR rules, extension to new sectors, ETS Funds as well as the interplay with the REPowerEU package.
- Stefanie Hiesinger, Member of Cabinet of the Executive Vice-President for the European Green Deal, Frans Timmermans at European Commission
- Dr. Peter Liese, Rapporteur on the EU ETS Review, Member of the European Parliament
- Marcus Ferdinand, Head of Analysis, Greenfact
- Ingvild Sørhus, Lead Analyst EU Carbon, Greenfact
- Henry Lush, Analyst EU Carbon, Greenfact
Moderator: Julia Michalak, EU Policy Director, IETA