North America Climate Summit – NACS 2023
Harnessing the Power of Collaboration
The International Emissions Trading Association (IETA) looks forward to welcoming delegates to our flagship North America Climate Summit (NACS) 2023 on 19-21 September, an official accredited event of New York Climate Week 2023 and the UN General Assembly 2023.
Taking place at The Westin New York at Times Square, IETA’s Summit is the ideal forum to take-stock of the world’s evolving net zero landscape and clean growth opportunities. Join us in NYC to hear from policymakers, business leaders and innovators who are leading the pack in building, scaling and collaborating on carbon pricing and markets for net zero.
Organized by IETA, in collaboration with the International Carbon Action Partnership (ICAP), NACS 2023 is an in-person event with some hybrid sessions to enable virtual participation. The Summit features high-level plenaries, North America and cross-cutting deep-dive workshops, leadership roundtables, and a “Carbon Market Lounge” with Partner Sponsors display counters, a networking chill-out lounge, coffee breaks and receptions.
19 September – DAY 1: Summit Sessions & Partner Sponsors Side Event Sessions opened to all delegates & Welcome Reception
20 September – DAY 2: Summit Sessions & Partner Sponsors Side Event Sessions, opened to all delegates & IETA Member Nightcap (Invite Only)
21 September – POST-DAY: Closed Door Meetings & Invitation Only Events
Snapshot of NACS Topics Covered (subject to updates)
- Lawyers’ Roundtable: EPA Power Plant Proposal, Green Claims, CFTC
- Analysts’ Roundtable: NA Market Pricing, Dynamics, Forecasts, Market Oversight and Role of Speculators
- CEO Roundtable: Outlooks for Congressional Climate Action, Legislation, Impacts of SEC DisclosureUS States Carbon Markets Round-Up: Trends and Outlooks
- California-Quebec (WCI)
- Washington State Cap and Invest (Year 1 Progress)
- Regional Greenhouse Gas Initiative (RGGI)
- New York Cap and Invest Rulemaking & Outlooks
- Canada Climate Action & Carbon Pricing Round-Up: Post-2023 Outlooks
- Federal CFR, Oil & Gas Emissions Cap, CES, CCFD, Offsets etc.
- Provincial Carbon Market Action: Alberta, BC, Quebec
- Border Carbon Adjustments, Competitiveness, Climate Clubs (G7)
- North America & Road to COP28 Dubai
- Interaction Between Compliance and Voluntary Markets
Voluntary Carbon Market (VCM)
- North America VCM: The Projects, The Players, The Prospects
- Round table debate on key global trends
- Status of Global VCM Initiatives – Reactions and Outlooks?
Markets for Net Zero – Deep Dive Series
- Markets for Forests & Agriculture
- Markets for Removals – Engineered, Industrial, CCS
Digital Climate Markets & Assets
- Climate Action Data Trust
Carbon Communication Challenges
- Carbon Credits: Separating Facts from Fiction
- Breaking Through the Carbon Echo-Chamber
- Interested in Speaking Opportunities, hosting Your Own Session or Event, Partner Sponsorship packages detailed HERE, contact Lisa Spafford, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Want to attend as a Delegate, contact Awa Antille – email@example.com
- Interested to attend as a Media / Journalist, contact Badr Maallem – firstname.lastname@example.org
- For any ICAP related inquiry, contact Stefano De Clara – Stefano.email@example.com
- Summit venue: THE WESTIN NEW YORK AT TIMES SQUARE – 270 West 43rd Street – New York, NY 10036, USA.